Name: Ken Hicks
Hometown: Sickerville, NJ
Position: Rock Director
1. Why did you join Rowan Radio?
KH: I joined the station because I love music and I wanted to be a part of something that exposed me to great new bands.
2. Your favorite Rowan Radio memory?
KH: The first time I walked into the record library room. I always loved discovering new music and when I saw an entire room stacked to the ceiling with music, I knew I made the right choice to join the station.
3. Favorite non-Rowan Radio related activity?
KH: Writing and performing music with my family and friends…writing and performing music with my family and friends.
4. What advice would you give future station members?
KH: Keep an open mind when it comes to new music. Music is always changing, and if you only listen to one genre or style of music you won’t be as flexible compared to other DJs who listen to multiple genres.
5. If you’re trapped on a deserted island, what three things are you bringing? A cell phone is not allowed.
KH: Assuming I had electricity, I would bring a MacBook to keep in touch with people online; my ipod to listen to music and keep me from going insane; and 100 jars of Nutella because no matter what I find to eat on island there is a 90% chance it will taste better with Nutella on it.