Name: Allie Volpe
Hometown: Sewell, NJ
Major: Radio, Television, & Film/Journalism
Position: Operations Manager
1. Why did you join Rowan Radio?
AV: My mom told me to join it and since I listen to everything my mom says, I emailed Frank Hogan because I was not a communications major, so I didn’t get any e-mails or anything and the thought in my mind was I liked music, so I’ll like this.
2. Your favorite Rowan Radio memory?
AV: Singing Kanye West and Jay-Z karaoke with Joe Mineo at the banquet.
3. Favorite non-Rowan Radio related activity?
AV: I like writing. I write for a cool blog called Just Cats (justcatsblog.wordpress.com). It’s about future cat ladies, specifically just very single people who experience weird things. I’m also writing a movie (a screenplay) and I also compete in triathlons.
4. What advice would you give future station members?
AV: Get as much out of it as you can. Get involved with everything. Do everything because it’ll make your portfolio awesome and you’ll be able to get a job that much easier.
5. If you’re trapped on a deserted island, what three things are you bringing? A cell phone is not allowed.
AV: 1. Sunscreen. 2. My iPod, complete with headphones. 3. A lifetime supply of food.